Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Finale

Two days ago I started writing the third, and final volume in my Iron City series. So far, it is going well, with the first couple of chapters under my belt, and hopefully, by the end of today, the first 10,000 words written.

This is the big finale, the end game, so to speak. I know roughly where it is going, and how it is going to end, but how I am going to get there is so far, a mystery. One thing I'm fairly certain about at the moment, is that is is probably going to be the longest of the three volumes. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but there it is.

I'm extremely excited about this book. Mainly because it will prove to myself that I have what it takes to complete a full series of books. That's no mean feat. Granted, it is only a trilogy as opposed to a long running series, but to me, it is still something of an achievement. For the longest time, I was not even sure I could manage to finish a single novel, and now I have two, with the third on the way.

The working title, and probably what I will end up calling it, it Iron City Revolutions. I already have the cover for the kindle version done and ready to go, though the paperback version will have to wait until the book is actually written. It ties in nicely with the other two books, and it will be obvious that all three belong together.

It's been one heck of a ride, filled with all the highs and lows that you might expect, from the anticipation of hitting the publish button, the excited waiting, followed by dread when no actual sales appear. There were times when I really began to feel like I couldn't continue, that there was no point to it. Then someone would tell me they enjoyed the read and couldn't wait for the next volume, and that would give me the boost to carry on.

I've come to realise that, whether or not the book sells, I enjoy the experience and creativity far too much to give it up any time soon. Which is a good thing, because I have a lot more ideas just waiting to break out and jump onto the page.

I can't wait to share them with the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment